[avr-gcc-list] size of hex file after compiling

From: yann
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] size of hex file after compiling
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 08:24:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi
I am doing a project (embedding a chess engine into an avr board) but I am
facing a size issue : my c file is about 60Ko, and the hex file I get with size
optimization in the makefile (minimal printf and scanf version, OPT=s, ...) is
also about 60Ko.
I was however told that it should be about twice as small. I am using the new
version of winavr : 20040720. I do not know why my hex file is so big.
Anyone has an idea ?
thanks
yann