Re: [avr-gcc-list] 64 bit variable in coff file..

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 64 bit variable in coff file..
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:34:57 -0600

On 13 Oct 2004 at 11:58, sandeep choudhary wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>       Thanks for your quick response. I tried according to your
> suggestion. But I want to debug my C source code. This option helps
> me to debug assembly but not C-source. C-source can be debugged by
> Coff files. Can you please suggest a way to debug C-source through
> J-tag. I tried to use AVR-insight but it is not connecting to JTAG.
> Is there any special environment variable setting. I only set the
> port as COM1 and speed 115200.
>
> Regards
> Sandeep........

1. Write to the list, not to me personally.

2. Yes, ELF/DWARF2 can be used for C source code, not just assembler.

3. There is a difference between using a *simulator* (such as AVR Studio or GDB
+
SimulAVR), and using an *emulator* (such as the JTAG ICE + AVaRICE + GDB). You
have to
be more specific in your post; I was under the assumption you wanted to
simulate with AVR
Studio. If you want to use the JTAG ICE, you have to use avarice to connect to
the JTAG ICE,
avarice then connects to gdb. You use your ELF file with avarice to emulate; no
COFF file is
necessary.

Eric