Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using hardware multiplier on ATmega128L

From: John Rehwinkel
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using hardware multiplier on ATmega128L
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:51:53 -0400

In particular I have this kind of instruction on my NeSC program (NeSC is a "dialect" of C language ...):

Good and bad news. The code you've written is already using the hardware multiply... (avr-gcc's 32-bit multiply routine for atmega128 uses the hardware multiply).

Actually, I doubt it. AFAIK, gcc doesn't support NeSC, so he's probably using a different compiler. My suggestion would be to just lift the multiply code out of libgcc (hint: it's in gcc/config/avr/libgcc.S in the gcc source tree). Another approach is to build your app with gcc, then use objdump to extract the relevant parts. Since I don't use NeSC, I have
no idea how to include assembler with it.

-- John Rehwinkel