Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to translate original AVR-app-notes to avr-gcc

From: Günter Dannoritzer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to translate original AVR-app-notes to avr-gcc
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:30:36 +0200

Hi Rolf,

address@hidden wrote:

I try to compile a original AVR-App-note code (AVR307) with avr-gcc. There
are tons of error-msg, mostly for compiler directives. Is there an easy way
to "translate" it to avr-gcc?

Thanks!
Rolf

[snip]

I have been working on converting a project from IAR to avr-gcc and have searched for some documentation related to that.

At the end I read first through this tutorial to understand the avr-gcc tool chain:

        http://users.rcn.com/rneswold/avr/index.html

Then I used the AVR Libc documentation to see how individual functions are implemented using avr-libc. The link can be found here:

        http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/

That did not help me totally, as I never developed with IAR before and did not know some of things that were done in the code or with the compiler/linker options. So I searched for the IAR users guide on the web and that gave me the insight.

Hope that helps.

Guenter