Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc bug: global register variable is broken

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc bug: global register variable is broken
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:56:05 +0100 (MET)

Hi Dmitry,

> I have translated this example with an option '-ffixed-r9' (3.3.4). In the
> received code I have not found mistakes, the reserved register is not
> used.
> Reduce, please, an example and specify a mistake more precisely.

The error occures if register is from r11 and higher ones is used.
If register r10 is fixed the code uses r10 without initialisation whithin my
example.
To reduce the example is not possible I think because we need a called
function which sould be called from not main and must use nearly all
registers.
So the send example is the shortest I have actually.
Maybe I can present a better one next days.

Regards,
    Klaus

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!