Re: AW: AW: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc bug: global register variable isbroke

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: AW: AW: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc bug: global register variable isbroken
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:17:12 +0100 (MET)

> I have had a brief look at the register allocation for variables
> yesterday:
>
> - The register allocation starts at r24:r25 for the first function
> parameter and for each additional
> parameter it seems that the register number is simply decreased as long as
> r10 is reached.

Where you have find that please? Normaly the compiler have some lists
REG_ALLOC_ORDER for example which
declare the order of using them. But where you have find that
10 is the last one? And the generated code is using registers under 10
anyway.
Please give me a function name or a file/line#.

> There is no code that could handle "holes" within the register range r10
> ... r25 that would be
> generated by additional registers declared "fixed".

Normaly that is not to be part of the target specific things. Therfore
I think the lists are made... not used in avr?

> Change the #define symbols that specify the first register and last
> register for parameter passing
> that are used by the function "funct_arg".

And where to find funct_arg? My grep is dead?

Bye
   Klaus

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail