[avr-gcc-list] Question about programming a ATMEGA128

From: wbounce
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Question about programming a ATMEGA128
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:21:44 -0500

I am using AVRdude with a BSD programmer ie it uses a parallel port over
to a 10 pin header on the Mavric II board which has a ATMEGA128. Anyhow,
I am experiencing weird problems with programming.
I turn on the power switch and hit program on the PN menu and Avrdude
says the AVR device is not responding. And it starts to run the old
program. If I use the -F to force it, it stops running the program
avrdude says invalid device signature 0xffffff but does the reading
writing and reading and then verification error, first mismatch at byte
0x0000. And then it starts running the program. I think it is running
the old program.

I was able to program the board 2 days ago. The fact that the program
stops when I use the -F force tells me the cable is ok. It has to be
something else.

I am using timer 0 for a 1 ms timer, Port E pin 3 and 4 for PWM and I
toggle a Led that is connected to Port B pin 0 and I use TWI (I2C) on
port D pins 0 and 1.

Is there something any of these that would cause a problem with
programming?