Re: [avr-gcc-list] cant compile simulavrxx

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] cant compile simulavrxx
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:15:12 +0100

Johan Nilsson schrieb:

Hi
Im running ubuntu linux, and when i try to compile simulavrxx it complains about libbfd.
I have downloaded the binutils and ran ./configure --target=avr
and then i tried to configure simulavrxx with --with-bfd-path=/newcompiledbinutils/..

If you have unpacked binutils in /x/binutils-2.15 then you simply have to give :

./configure --with-bfd-path=/x/binutils-2.15/

That should work. If not let me know!

And what chips are supported by simulavrxx 2313?

at90s8515, at90s4433 (the difference is the a/d converter), and atmega128.

The 8515 is nearly complete so you could use it as 2313 if you shrink the memory. But for a simulation which not exceeds the limits the 8515 is nearly compatible. The uart in 2313 is a bit different and more like that one in 4433. If you need the complete 2313 I can add that for you in a few days. My intention was that the older parts (all which are not mega or tiny devices) should not be added because they are not recommended for new desines. But if you need it it is very simple to add that device (if there is not a feature which I have not in mind).

Bye
   Klaus