AW: [avr-gcc-list] register allocation - something not right

From: Björn Haase
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] register allocation - something not right
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 21:27:21 +0100

Hi,

there are three different series that one can tell the compiler to use when
allocating registers. You can select them by -morder1 and -morder2.

I think they are also documented in the info manual pages next to the
target-specific options like -mmcu , etc. . The manual pages actually have
only a very course information. Rather use info gcc instead of man gcc.

My experience is, that using these switches can have significant effect on
the code efficiency. The default value seems to be good when dealing mainly
with 16 bit integer variables. When working frequently with 32 bit ints try
-morder1 or -morder2.

BTW: Is there something like a simulavrxx home page?

Yours,

Björn