[avr-gcc-list] Forcing rebuild in sub-makefiles ?

From: Anton Erasmus
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Forcing rebuild in sub-makefiles ?
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 12:30:30 +0200

Hi,

Anobody have an ellegant solution to force the rebuild of all sub-makefiles if
the main
project makefile has been changed ?
The main makefile calls envokes makefiles in other directories using $(MAKE).
The
main makefile defines some options (Such as MCU) that should result in a
rebuilding
of all the libraries as well. Curently I use make clean;make all to do this,
but I have
forgotten to do this in the past when I changed the target MCU. The problem is
that
code built for say an ATMega16 works 99% for an ATMega32, so if one forgets to
rebuild the libraries for the new MCU, one can end up with very strange errors.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus--
A J Erasmus