Re: [avr-gcc-list] New prosessor goes into stack violation!

From: Per Arnold Blåsmo
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] New prosessor goes into stack violation!
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:00:38 +0100

E. Weddington wrote:

On 11 Jan 2005 at 12:37, Per Arnold Blåsmo wrote:

That worked :-)
I tried both as an option and changing in avr-gcc. I go for the last option.

The code runs now and everything looks good.
Maybe the patches to the binutils and avr-gcc should be submitted to the project. I cant submit the header file for the MCU without Atmel approving it, but the patches to binutils, avr-gcc and avr-libc should be OK to submit.

Any patches to the toolchain (binutils, gcc, avr-libc, etc.) should go into a patch tracker on the avr-libc project.

I'm not quite sure how to handle getting permission from Atmel for adding the secureAVR device to the toolchain.... Usually the header is very clear in showing the register layout, which is a part of the datasheet under NDA.

There also is a couple of sections that could be defined for the MCU. I believed that was done in the linker script, but maybe that can be done as option to the linker?

Let us know what works for you.

Eric

Well, my though was  more like this:

I do not want to break the NDA, so the header file must probably be kept a secret.
If Atmel would allow to release it, it would be nice, but...

The IAR has support for secureAVR processors and I though that it could be so also for avr-gcc. The linker script and header file for the IAR compiler is given by Atmel on their development CD. If Atmel also included these things for avr-gcc, developers would have a choice both on development platform and on compiler.

That was my problem when starting this. In my company we work on Linux platform and therefor I had no compiler for secureAVR. I had to modify avr-gcc to make it work. And now I want to share with the community as much as I can without breaking the NDA. Hopefully Atmel also will see this as a plus for them?

Of course more testing and verifying must be done before it is production quality, but I could publish the patches to the tool chain if other would be interested.

Per A.
--
Per Arnold Blåsmo
e-mail: address@hidden