[avr-gcc-list] uisp Communication Problem

From: Kevin Neff
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] uisp Communication Problem
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:34:59 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, [gb2312] ÀîÆæÔ½ wrote:

>I checked the wiring on my board and there is no problem.

You read page 303?  I only ask because I had this same problem...

>In the datasheet,the default clock source is Calibrated Internal RC
>Oscillator,so I think this is the reason of the error message.

The internal oscillator is fine.  It won't cause the error you posted.
Wiring, SCK frequency, reset level, and power are the most common problems
that I've had.

>Actually, i did use --wr_fuse_l=0xff, --wr_fuse_h=0x99, and
>--wr_fuse_e=0xff to set the fuse,and the error message appears.

OK.  Sounds like you're on the right track as with respect to fuse
programming.  But if uisp can't read the signature byte, you have other
troubles.