Re: [avr-gcc-list] What Happened to the sbi() and cbi() Macros????

From: Jeff Barlow
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What Happened to the sbi() and cbi() Macros????
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:46:44 -0800

Hello all,

I'm an old retired guy. I started doing embedded systems design
back in the early seventies. I have some unsolicited advice for
some of you folks:

1. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. It's pretty clear who's
doing all the work on the tool chain, and who's just complaining
about stuff they got for free. If you expect to have influence,
you need to contribute.

2. Time passes; things change; deal with it. Otherwise you'll
turn into a crusty old fart and the kids will laugh at you.

3. If you're going to code in C, you better really learn C before
you start trying to crank out production code. If simple stuff
like "PORTA &= (uint8_t)~(1<<3);" confuses you, you need to spend
more time reading your K&R.

--
Jeff Barlow
WB6CSV