Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-DUDE isnt working with new firmware on STK500

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-DUDE isnt working with new firmware on STK500
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:31:03 -0800

E. Weddington wrote:
AVRDUDE didnt work on the STK500 after i updated it to 2.0.
just wonder if anyone is working on the new protocol that is used ?

I'm working on the conversion right now, with most of the protocol infrastructure in place. Now it's to converting the various functions (initialize, erase chip, program flash, etc.) to use the new protocol infrastructure. It shouldn't be too long before I can get it all working and releasable, at least for the AVRISP (I don't have an STK500, unless Atmel wants to give me one <g> 'd be real convenient for my growing pile of bad-fuse chips). But I've got a number of higher priority projects/jobs going currently, so everything is subject to our friend Murphy and is thoroughly annoying law.