[avr-gcc-list] ATMega16 #include trouble?

From: Heiko Engelke
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ATMega16 #include trouble?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:21:19 +0100

Hallo,

I'm a beginner with Atmel processors, still trying to get some simple programs running. But I keep getting some very strange errors with very basic things that I just don't understand. I am using avr-libc in version 1.0.2 (Included in the binary Mac package from [1]).

Here's the first problem: My ATMega16 is not a valid MMCU, avr-gcc says. avr-libc seems to support it, so I think atmega16 should exist :-(

        $  avr-gcc  -mmcu=atmega16  foo.c
        Unknown MCU `atmega16' specified

Now that I'm using atmega161 as a workaround, some defines do not exist. There is no #define for UBRRL, while UBRRH exists. Strange ... is this normal? What do I need to do to avoid this problem?

        $  avr-gcc  -mmcu=atmega161  foo.c
        foo.c: In function `main':
        foo.c:5: `UBRRL' undeclared (first use in this function)

        $ cat foo.c
        #include <io.h>
        #define BAUD 42 // still to do
        int main() {