[avr-gcc-list] JTAG-ICE command line tools

From: Patrizio Zelotti
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] JTAG-ICE command line tools
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:09:43 +0100

Hi to all,

I'm looking for a command line tool to use with jtag-ice to program software
and fuses that can stay on a floppy disk for win32 system.
This is a good solution when many boards must be programmed with a simple batch
file.

Avarice is the perfect solution, but avarice installed with WinAVR is about 1.3
MB and cygwin.dll is required (1.1 MB).

I tried to pack avarice with uxp, it was reduced to about 800 Kb, but
cygwin.dll was not packed.

Can avrdude be used (jtag-ice seems to be not supported) ?

Can someone suggest me if a similar tool exist ?

Or can avarice be built using MinGW (so cygwin.dll is not required) ?

Thanks in advice

Patrizio Zelotti