[avr-gcc-list] boot loader

From: Yannick PODGORSKI
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] boot loader
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:01 +0100

Hi all,
I work on a boot loader on ATMEGA 64 and 128 and I want to be really sure of
what I think.
The boot fuses are only :
- BOOTSZ for size
- BOOTRST to reset to boot section
I want to program the boot loader but I want to really control the programming and
not programming the boot loader by itself.

I want to know how the LPM/SPM instruction is disabled when executed from the Application section.
How can I know that I use the boot loader ?
Only the address (the Program Counter) of instruction (for example address > 0xF000) disables the LPM/SPM instruction ?
Because there is no fuse, flag or bit to do it ?
In application, I can make a jump/call to the boot loader (call a programming routine for example)
and can I use SPM/LPM instruction to program the boot loader ?
In fact, I want to receive datas in application and program them in boot loader. Is that possible ?
Thanks for help.

Yannick.

Yannick Podgorski
www.kuantic.com