Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compile error

From: Frederik ROULEAU
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compile error
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:25:27 +0100

Have you tried to change the line endings format (LF to CRLF) of Makefile ?
That might explain the difference between cygwin and win32 make.

Possibly not,

I downloaded the latest WinAVR package (20050214), renamed the 20040720 version and installed the new software in the same place. My test compilation failed, which had previously worked under 20040720, with the same error as Andi describes. I then used the new MFile to create a new makefile and attempted a compilation again. Still no luck, same error. I renamed the new installation to get it out of the way and renamed the old installation back to the original name; and the test would compile, once I'd set up the extra include files and redefined two symbols that were in the old makefile, but the errors generated were not the ones reported. Using the old makefile it would also compile correctly, just checking.

Switching the two installations back again so we've got the new one again and a check compile, same error. If, however, I specified the old version of Make rather than the default (new) version then the make would go alright.

I am aware that the version of make in 20050214 is version 3.80 and is a native windows app, and the old version is 3.78.1 and relies on Cygwin. I believe that there is a bug in the new version. But since the old one works OK I've replaced the new make with the old one and am using it that way.