Re: [avr-gcc-list] Improving in leaps and skips!

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Improving in leaps and skips!
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:14:56 -0700

Andy Hutchinson wrote:

I've been busy!

With Bjoern help, I now have testsuite running against AVR and GCC 4.0.

There are many problems trying to run inappropriate tests as he stated and I dont have his patches suitable for 4.0 head.

Nevermind! It still gives me a way to check some other improvments to the compiler.

I now have the new and improved "skip" routines debugged - with no apparent testsuite regressions on the last dry run.

This code make far better use of skip instructions. In addition (an the main reason I did it), the skip instruction no longer mess up the end of do loops!

I am waiting for the tests to complete and then I will post patch. The tests take about 2 hours to run. (it would be quicker if I didnt have to run all of the broken ones!)

Fantastic!

BTW, would it make sense to include new tests in the testsuite to cover your new work?

Thanks so much for doing this.

Eric