Re: [avr-gcc-list] What GCC bug currently effect the AVR port of GCC?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What GCC bug currently effect the AVR port of GCC?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:12:22 -0500

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:45:48 -0500, Bob Paddock <address@hidden> wrote:

Well, this question alone really warrants a seperate thread....

As requested I started this thread.

It was brought to my attention that perhaps my last email came across
as being "aggressive".  I apologize for that, as it was not my intent.
Sometimes "intent" is hard to get across in email. :-(

The only real "intent" was I would like to be able to write my code
so that it works with GCC with out doing debugging.  That is a goal
I hope we all share.  Having a list of "known bugs" allows all of us
to write our code so we can avoid the land-mines that we might otherwise
step on when trying to get a product out the door.

Maybe, I misunderstood it, but I personally got the impression that your last mail was kind of aggressive. Please remember that all of the gcc developers and maintainers are volounteers, namely Eric Weddington and Joerg Wunsch.

I am forever great-full to all of the AVR-GCC developers and maintainers
that let me use AVR-GCC.  If it was not for those developers and
maintainers I would be stuck using a buggy overpriced commercial tool that come with license agreements larger than the documentation supplied with the tool.

Please accept this public apology.