Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Crypto

From: Curtis Maloney
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR Crypto
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:10:55 +1100

Geoffrey Wossum wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to find some crypto routines that have already been ported to
the AVR.

Your timing is remarkable. Just last night I started implementing AES for embedded systems, with AVR in mind.

I have already written a highly optimised DES for H8/300H, but I'm not sure it's worth porting to AVR, since DES is fairly crap these days, and I'm guessing AES will actually run faster.

Does anyone know where I can get some source code for an AVR port of
something like AES, Twofish, or Safer?  Preferably BSD licensed or
public domain...

Twofish... yes, I looked at this some time back, but never got around to it. I'll add it to my list after AES.

Something else you might want to look at is LibTomCrypt. I've not tested it, but I have compiled it "out of the box" with avr-gcc, no compile errors. It's modular, comprehensive, and apparently quite fast.

--
Curtis Maloney
address@hidden