Re: [avr-gcc-list] Someting Idon"t understand with PGM_P et pgm_read_byt

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Someting Idon"t understand with PGM_P et pgm_read_byte_far()
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:16:24 -0700

Royce & Sharal Pereira wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:49:31 +0100, Bernard Fouché <address@hidden> wrote:

Is there a chance that sometimes such macros will change of data type according to the target in a future release?

In fact, I'm hoping that sometime soon, GCC will recognise different memory spaces, and we can do away with these ugly macros altogether :)...does any one know when this could happen?

Never, unless somebody writes it.

There was one person, Svein Seldal, who was interested in writing a patch and was supposedly working on it. But we haven't heard from him in a long time.

Beyond that, there's no one that I know of who is doing this.

Eric