[avr-gcc-list] Kindness and respect.

From: Alan Kilian
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Kindness and respect.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:56:44 -0600

> >"volatile"?
> >
> Go look at a good C book, or ask on the comp.lang.c newsgroup.

    Folks,

        I'm feeling a little sad that the members of this list are not
        being more kind to a new user who doesn't understand all the
        intricacies of using an embedded processor in C.

        If I had known the exact syntax of "extern volatile unsigned..."
        I would have replied, but I knew that someone else knew more
        about it than I did, so I kept silent.

        Now, I'm seeing what I think are kind of snotty replies to this
        person asking a question that is completely reasonable.

        Could I encourage people to either not post, or post something
        helpful.

        This business is hard enough to figure out without getting
        slapped when you ask a question that is obvious to everyone but
        you.

                                -Alan

--
- Alan Kilian <kilian(at)bobodyne.com>