Re: [avr-gcc-list] What GCC bug currently effect the AVR port of GCC?

From: Andy Hutchinson
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What GCC bug currently effect the AVR port of GCC?
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:08:54 -0500

I got FSF copyright papers today and sent them in.

That will mean I will be able to contribute code for gcc to help with avr port. (Once I figure out who I can rely on to help comit them)

I dont mind fixing a few of the bugs listed in Eric list but it is probably worth somebody (Eric?) giving them a priority.

I wont be able to fix middle or front end issues - hell I have a few bugs listed myself against that! Similary the will be bugs that get put in the "too difficult" tray.

Nevertheless, I feel pretty confident around the avr backend code and there are a few others folk around that can provide ideas and help check out solutions.

It would seem logical that Winavr should have a experimental build to help test such patches and test out other changes to gcc - especially with 4.0

Not everybody can build gcc from scratch - but many can spot a bug in Winavr.

BR