Re: [avr-gcc-list] buggy variable naming with underscores

From: Bjarne Laursen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] buggy variable naming with underscores
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:55:26 +0100

Jamie Morken wrote:

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug, but I finally figured out why my motor wasn't
changing direction, and it is because the name of it had an underscore in it:

"volatile u08 motor_direction;"

So I changed it to this name:

"volatile u08 motorDirection;"

and it works now.

Did you try to change it back, and see if it still didn't work with underscore?

One typical problem is that sourcefiles does not get compiled when only the h-files are changed. This can generate a lot of problems when a new member is added to a struct. Then when you make some global change, like renaming a variable in all files, all files get compiled. And you will think that the name was the problem.

-Bjarne Laursen, Rose Technology A/S, Denmark