(fwd) [avr-gcc-list] RFC: ATmega256x and 16-bit function pointers

From: An . Kaiser
Subject: (fwd) [avr-gcc-list] RFC: ATmega256x and 16-bit function pointers
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:19:06 +0100

>And, the same problem we have with -mcall-prologues in C++ exists
>here, too (worse, because -mcall-prologues is just an option):

You tackle a question I've encountered when I first say the
-mcall-prologues code. Why is the prologue sequence not jumped to via
CALL? It would be somewhat shorter to use CALL, then pop the return
address off the stack at the beginning of the called prologue. And it
solves your problem, just a pop-to-eind has to be added to the
prologue.

Gruss, Andreas