Re: [avr-gcc-list] a question about atmega128 io port

From: Christof Krueger
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] a question about atmega128 io port
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:32:04 +0100

>       Hi all,in the page 64 of the datasheet of atmega128,there's a general
> digital I/O functional figure,i don't understand what is
> RPx、WPx、WDx、RDx in the figure,can anyone
> give me some explains?
>       Thanks

It's explained below the figure:

WDx: Write DDRx
RDx: Read DDRx
WPx: Write PORTx
RRx: Read PORTx Register
RPx: Read PORTX Pin

These signals are generated somewhere in the microcontroller if you
access (read/write) the corresponding io registers. So if you write
out PORTB, 0xff
this command will be decoded and the write strobe WPx will be generated
for every pin of PORTB.

--
Christof Krueger