Re: [avr-gcc-list] Double desirability

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Double desirability
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:35:30 -0600

Parthasaradhi Nayani wrote:

Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:
We are looking forward for any contributions! 64-bit FP math is one
of my wishlist items anyway. Keep in mind that we need a volunteer to
permanently handle *any* of the floating point issues though,
including those that exist with the current 32-bit FP library. There
are a couple of bug reports for it that demonstrate the kind of
problems that need to be solved (Inf/NaN/denormal handling of this
hand-crafted assembler code is close to non-existent).

I am wiilling to develop the code, but I am not sure about the time frame as of
now. If the current code is in assembly, then I would prefer to continue the
same in assembly and also try and plug the holes.  I would like a copy of this
code. Is it available along with the source? Please let me know. Thank you.

Nayani

PS: what sort of error is reported in case the floating point routine
encounters a NaN?
Everything is publically available at the avr-libc project on Savannah:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc>

The current FP library is available via CVS or via WebCVS. See the Bug Tracker for the list of current bugs including the problems with NaN.

Eric