Re: [avr-gcc-list] AT90CAN128 silicon bug in conjunction w/ external RAM

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AT90CAN128 silicon bug in conjunction w/ external RAM
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:59:53 +0200

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 10:02:31AM +1000, Henrik Maier wrote:

> Done all of this, tried different hardware and much more before I even
> approached Atmel. If you check the links in my earlier post, you find
> some more background info and a little test program demonstrating the
> bug. End of a long journey of debugging and analysis is: Atmel
> _confirmed_ a bug in the chip and also that my issues relate to this bug.

OK, I have read all the background info now.  Congratulations, and
welcome to the club - a few years ago, I discovered the "Incorrect
Channel Changes in Free Running Mode" ADC bug on the AT90S8535 :)

> I think that's what I have to live with, it doesn't make it easy from a
> programming point of view. It will be quite complicated to change the
> RTOS I am using to keep SP in internal RAM. But it's possible.

This seems to be the only option, at least until fixed parts are
available.  Good to know at least ATmega128 is not affected (as you
used it with stack in XRAM on the same board, and it worked fine).

Marek