Re: [avr-gcc-list] What kind of attribute can I use for?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] What kind of attribute can I use for?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:22:07 -0600

Gaël Rossignol wrote:

I just would like to know if it's possible to define a function who is
called at start-up.
Maybe can I use an attribute but I didn't find one.

I would like to replace something like that written in Borland c++ :
#pragma start-up TransmitCmpReplyInit 64

Not an attribute, but you can place your function in predefined sections that get called before main, i.e. during startup.
See the avr-libc user manual, Memory Sections:
<http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/mem_sections.html>

Eric