Re: [avr-gcc-list] Mega329

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Mega329
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:46:28 -0600

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     [avr-gcc-list] Mega329
Date:     Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:46:30 +1000
From:     Ron <address@hidden>
To:     <address@hidden>

I want to replace the Mega169 currently in use in a product with the
Mega329. Atmel had said (through their Australian agents) that the '329
is a direct replacement. After plugging one in I found the pin change
interrupt I use on PE2 was not working. After much searching I found a
small note on page 47 of the '329 manual saying the PCINT2 was not
implemented on the '329.

That seems to be correct. According to my copy of the datasheet, PCINT2 is only implemented on the 3290 and 6490.

This was duly reported to Atmel that it really
was not a plug-in replacement for the '169. Their reply was I should
specify the '329 to the compiler (rather than the '169), and give them a
call when I had tried this.

?
Who at Atmel told you that?

Problem is, avr-gcc doesn't support or include an iom329.h file yet, and
even if it did, I can't see how this would compensate for the missing
PCINT2.

I don't see either. PCINT2 is not implemented for the 329.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Has anyone else had this problem? If
the team is looking at supporting the '329 with avr-gcc, could they have
a look at this apparent discrepancy?

Adding support for the 329 is listed in the Task Manager of avr-libc:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3594>
AFAIK, no work has been done to add support yet.

Eric