Re: [avr-gcc-list] Embedded C programming and the Atmel AVR

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Embedded C programming and the Atmel AVR
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:51:16 -0600

Tim wrote:

Do you know of an easy way of knowing differences between CodeVision and GCC so
that I may still use this book? Do you know of any good books that focus on GCC
C, since this is the compiler I want to use?

There is no easy way of knowing the difference between the two compilers, other than reading their user manuals.

There *may* be books that focus on GCC, but probably for larger targets (i.e. x86 or PowerPC). Really the best thing to do is to go through the GCC user manual

GCC User Manual
<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/>

Reference to a book about GCC
<http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gcc/intro/>

Both of these are found by browsing the GCC website:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/>

Eric

PS: Next time, reply to the list and not just to me personally.