Re: [avr-gcc-list] Make question (how to)

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Make question (how to)
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 23:36:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Artur Lipowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm afraid it is possible.  >:-)
> Below excerpt from GNU make manual - subsection "Target-specific
> Variable Values".

Sounds like a genuine unportable GNUism to me.  OK, Makefiles aren't
really much portable anyway these days.

Anyway, don't miss the point here:

> ...  As with automatic variables, these values are only available
> within the context of a target's command script [...]

I.e. they are not visible outside that target's list of commands (if I
interpret the above correctly).

Rich Neswold's option of calling make itself recursively is much more
portable and less confusing.