[avr-gcc-list] Re: WinAVR 20050214 (gcc 3.4.3) and optimizer bug.

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: WinAVR 20050214 (gcc 3.4.3) and optimizer bug.
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 11:08:54 +0300

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:

Which one is missing do you think?  The full assembler code shows
all of them:

In this clause:
       if (ppv && (*ppv != 0)) {

We are missing code for (ppv != 0), but code for *ppv != 0 is found.

You're right.  You should have written that in your first mail --
as you see, it wasn't obvious *which* comparision you meant, and
as there are so many of them, it's easy enough to miss one.

I am sorry about that, I was probably too much looking at the problem and forgot to document that.

I think you gotta write a bug report for GCC here.

As there is a workaround to use "-fno-delete-null-pointer-checks", should I still file a bug. For me it still looks like a bug as it doesn't happen everytime, just occasionally. eg. disable that bv usage and problem disappears.

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen