RE: [avr-gcc-list] atmega8 interrupt vectors

From: Gavin Jackson
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] atmega8 interrupt vectors
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:45:54 +1200

The interrupt vectors come from the C startup file that's
linked into your code. The interrupt vectors are weakly
defined in the startup file. At link time any interrupt
vectors you define replace the weakly linked vectors in
the startup file.

Check that you are indeed specifying a Mega8 as the target
micro as this is most likely problem if you have the incorrect
number of vectors.

Changing _VECTOR_SIZE has no effect because the C startup file
is not build when you build your code, but built when GCC
for the AVR is built.

Cheers

Gavin