[avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC question

From: Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) *
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC question
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:23:10 +0200

FYI,

There is some work under way to add functionality for several memory spaces to
gcc. (Background is EEPROM support for Motorola UC, but this approach could
readily be used for avr, once it is functional.) Difficulty is that one will
need infrastructure from both back-end and front-end. I.e. it would need
someone that has sufficient knowledge on the whole compiler. And even once it's
functional, it would probably be a hard way to get a general consensus with the
gcc-gurus to get this integrated into gcc. I don't expect a very-near-term
solution, but there is work under way.

Yours,

Björn