Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin paths causes problems for AVR Studio

From: Torleif Sandnes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin paths causes problems for AVR Studio
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:02:23 +0200

I've had to switch from WinAVR to Cygwin built tools as I need to compile for the ATMega325 which isn't support under the current windows toolset. My problem is that I would like to continue using AVR Studio for debugging but cygwin inserts its path names (/cygdrive/c/..... ) into the ELF and subsequently my extended COFF has these paths which AVR Studio can't decipher.

One more thing:
It may seem like you are converting from elf to coff before you feed the object files to AVR Studio. You should not use the elf2coff conversion tool anymore. AVR Studio now, (4.11) has a parser to handle elf/dwarf files directly. Remember to use the -gdwarf-2 flag.

Try to use the elf/dwarf files directly and let me know if you still have problems then.

Torleif