Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin paths causes problems for AVR Studio

From: Torleif Sandnes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cygwin paths causes problems for AVR Studio
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:20:27 +0200

Andrew M. Cullen wrote:
Thanks Torleif,

Switching to the latest version of AVR Studio, and changing the debug option to DWARF-2 has allows me to at least start debugging. The path issue is still a problem as when I load the ELF into AVR studio, it prompts me for the location of main.c as the object files still have the cygwin paths embedded in them. For some reason AVR studio can still figure out where the source files are as if you look at the disassembly listing it shows the correct Windows paths for the source files but put "(Alternate Location)" at the end. The only thing that isn't working is in the "Workspace" window, you can't click on a source file and have it pop up as it doesn't seem to know where to find it.

I tried making relative paths in my Makefile as per your suggestion but avr-gcc still seems to embed the full path names in the debug.

What I fail to understand is why you are being asked for the location of main.c. AFAICS this should not be necessary. Have you installed the latest service pack too? (The latest servicepack for AVRStudio 4.11 is SP3)

Would you consider e-mailing me your project to let me have a look at it?

Torleif