[avr-gcc-list] bootloader

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] bootloader
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:48:57 +0200

Hi,

the bootloader i write at the moment basically works, but i experience the
problem that erasing/programming sometimes fails when programming
with my own bootloader.

When programming via avrdude via the parallel port, all works fine.

So now i wonder if my strategy for erasing/programming is wrong.

1. In the documentation in avr-libc-usermanual-1.2.3 it says
boot_page_erase(page).  It should say boot_page_erase(address),
is that right?

2. I only call erase/program once and i verify the erase/program
directly after that.  Can this be a problem?

What else could be a problem when just using the supplied functions
in avr-libc-1.2.3?  Should it work exactly the same as with avr-dude
via parallel port?

Best regards,
Torsten.