[avr-gcc-list] -gdwarf-2 possible somehow?

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] -gdwarf-2 possible somehow?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 07:50:43 +0200

Hi,

i just tried to compile my AVR project with debug information but failed
badly.

I configured and compiled on Linux, i used binutils -2.16 and gcc-3.4.4.
For both packages i only used the options --target=avr --prefix=/opt/avr.

I tried -gdwarf:
cc1: Fehler: Testausgabestufe »dwarf« nicht erkannt

This roughly translates "dwarf not recognised".

-gdwarf-2:
Fehler: Zielsystem unterstützt nicht das Testformat "dwarf-2"

This roughly translates "dwarf-2 not supported".

I got both names from "info gcc" -> Invoking gcc -> Debugging Options,
but "dwarf" seems to be not a valid option at all.

Is it possible to get dwarf-2 debugging info?  I'd like to analyse these
informations with an external tool that understands dwarf-2.

Best regards,
Torsten.