AW: [avr-gcc-list] miscompilation: save/restore of clobbered registers

From: Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) *
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] miscompilation: save/restore of clobbered registers
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:53:56 +0200

>I've attached the output of GCC 4.0.0 with "-mmcu=atmega128", but the problem
>is
> present in 3.4.4 as well, and also present with or without optimization.

First thing is that you did *not* attach anything.

IMO the only bug is with what you expect gcc to do. As I answered you in a
previous mail, gcc does not preserve all registers during function calls and
gcc also does not *expect* all registers to be preserved during function calls.

I'd like to ask you kindly to carefully read the documentation before sending
alarming messages to this list that might make other users ring alarm bells
without reason.

Yours,

Björn