Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ico: write instruction not defined for part ATMEGA8]

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ico: write instruction not defined for part ATMEGA8]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:23:09 +0200 (MET DST)

address@hidden (Ico Doornekamp) wrote:

> First a warning/error is reported :

>   avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): can't communicate with device: resp=0x01

This appears to be a bug in the STK500v2 documentation.  The
documentation says the get sync command is to be answered with a
response code of 0x00 when all went fine, yet actual firmware responds
with 0x01.  I'd like to keep that warning as a reminder to bug the
Atmel Norway folks about which of both is actually correct...

> Flash programming verification is ok, but eeprom access results in
> errors :

>   avrdude: stk500v2_paged_write: write instruction not defined for part
> "ATMEGA8"

Please report this is a bug to the avrdude project (using the
project's bug tracker).  It should definately be fixed before
releasing version 5.0.  I could try to track that down myself, but
would much prefer if the original author(s) of the STK500v2 code
were doing it.