Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ico: write instruction not defined for part ATMEGA8]

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ico: write instruction not defined for part ATMEGA8]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:17:12 +0200

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

 avrdude: stk500v2_paged_write: write instruction not defined for part "ATMEGA8"

Please report this is a bug to the avrdude project (using the
project's bug tracker).  It should definately be fixed before
releasing version 5.0.  I could try to track that down myself, but
would much prefer if the original author(s) of the STK500v2 code
were doing it.

Hi.

I've posted a patch for that problem on the avrdude list, but no one followed-up, I thought that the author was in holidays.

It could be nice if the archive for beta5.0 available for download is upgraded with the latest sources since when I grab the CVS, I dunno what to do to build all the intermediate stuff to have a working './configure' (I tried autoconf with no luck, but I never used it before I must miss something obvious).

I've also a patch to use device locking with avrdude and I just reported another bug: verification of code not starting at 0x0000 does not work (so one can't verify a bootloader)

 Bernard