[avr-gcc-list] Inline code and firmware update questions

From: Trampas
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Inline code and firmware update questions
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:47:33 -0400

I have a couple of stupid questions.

First off is I tried to create some inline functions in C, yes I know inline
is for C++, well the code was not inline as I hoped and the compiler had no
error or warning. So I assume I can not inline code in C without using
macros?

The second question is about bootloaders and field update of firmware. I was
wondering if anyone had a link to a bootloader which I could look at.
Specifically I am trying to figure out how to specify where functions are
loaded into the text section. I am also trying to figure out how to
implement checksum of the program at boot up and if not correct load
bootloader.

Thanks
Trampas