[avr-gcc-list] How to link without .init4 ?

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] How to link without .init4 ?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:31:54 +0200

Hi.

I'd like to write my own init stuf mainly because I don't have anything in .data and I badly need the few bytes of flash I can spare if I dont bring in the application the code
to init .data.

I tried :

avr-gcc ... -nostartfiles

with no luck: all the .init4 stuff is still there but I've lost the vector table at the
beginning (__vectors).

Also .init4 is said to be weakly bound (I thought it meant that I was able to write my own .init4 function and have its code replace the official one), so I tried to write my own section following the example in the current avr-libc documentation ("Using Sections in C code"), I replaced
the .init1 in this example with '.init4'.

I saw my code inserted after .data initialization and before .bss...

Any hint welcome!

Target is atmega64/128 & avr-gcc is 3.4.4, avr-libc is 1.2.5