Re: [avr-gcc-list] Small program for UART not working

From: Bjarne Laursen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Small program for UART not working
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:25:05 +0200

My trouble is that the TX is not working, I can see
some garbage character is keeping displayed in the
Hyper terminal Window, but when I turn off the STK
board, I noticed in the bottom, there are some 'B'
characters displayed. My intention is to display one
'A' character and followed many 'B's (display 'B'
forever).

If you are keep sending the same charater all the time, and you doen't get the start right (Power on spurius), you can not be sure that receiver gets syncronised correct. It might see on of the databits as a startbit.
Try to put a delay in start of your code. Or in between characters.
Sending a 0xFF will allso bring the receiver in sync, because no databits can be confused with startbits.

-Bjarne Laursen, RoseTechnology, DK