[avr-gcc-list] Placing variable at absolute memory locations

From: Henrik Maier
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Placing variable at absolute memory locations
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:08:16 +1000

Is there any way to place a variable [in my case an array of char] at an absolute position using just C statements ?

I am aware of the method of defining a section, placing the variable into the section and then using a linker flag to define where this section is supposed to be located.

I like something like:

char buffer[1024] __attribute__(absolute at 0x0100);