Re: [avr-gcc-list] Accessing structures defined in ROM ?

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Accessing structures defined in ROM ?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:24:37 +0200

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

It's just that I find the use of pointers a bit inconsistent, the syntax
and operators change depending on whether you work on discrete data
types, or complex ones like structures or arrays, so I sometimes find
myself scratching my head when I have to use pointers on my custom data
types that mix all of these 3 types... hopefully I will get the hang of
it, with practise...
If your target allow it, print pointer values when deferencing fails. Matched with the symbol file, it will help you understand if your problem comes from pointer calculation or not. (if you have dynamic memory allocation, that's another story)

Bernard