Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] Using current avr-gcc for target ATmega2561

From: Uwe Fechner
Subject: Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] Using current avr-gcc for target ATmega2561
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:16:13 +0200

Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) * schrieb:

Possibly the WiKi is not quite up to date.

Well, someone restored an old version, I restored the must recent version, it should be uptodate now.

Please correct me, but it was my impression that the general opinion was that the 4-byte alignment method will be less efficient and more difficult to implement.

I would like to see a fully working version until the end of this year (2005) and a stable version until 03-2006.

And I have doubts, if GCC 4.x for AVR will be stable until then.

Would it be possible to backport your patch to GCC 3.4.4 ?

With other words, if you work on the 4.x target, I might try to implement a 4-byte alignment solution for the 3.x target until
the end of the year, as this is something that looks easy enough for me.

(Correct me, if I am wrong.)

Regards:

Uwe