Re: [avr-gcc-list] very simple program

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] very simple program
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:37:25 +0200 (MET DST)

Timothy Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> my apologes for not giving this to start with
>
> %avr-gcc -g -mmcu=atmega32 -Os -c BarGimp.c
> %avr-gcc -g   -o BarGimp.out BarGimp.o

Make this:

avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega32 -o BarGimp.out BarGimp.o

and it will work.  The linker needs to know as well which CPU you are
compiling for (or rather: the compiler needs to know, as it wants to
tell the linker which startup file and library to link against).

You can pass the remaining avr-gcc options as well, so this will
also work:

avr-gcc -g -mmcu=atmega32 -Os -o BarGimp.out BarGimp.o